IE9 and Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• When I type in text on yahoo.co.uk in the search box, I have to type the text in twice as it gets deleted automatically the first time... help anyone? this happens in Firefox 9 as well.

Also after assigning full permissions to my computer in an administrator account I can't access certain folders, for example the recycler folder on an external hard drive. How can I access it.

Many thanks

• Edited by Stuartrh Friday, January 6, 2012 12:25 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

“When I type in text on yahoo.co.uk in the search box, I have to type the text in twice as it gets deleted automatically the first time... help anyone? this happens in Firefox 9 as well.”

I tested this problem in my side, it’s work properly. Since this problem occurs in multi-browser, I suspect that this problem is caused by third party software. Please check this problem in Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

I also want to know whether you get any error message when you failed to access the folders. Based on my knowledge, some folder in Recycle Bin cannot be access by any other user, except the folder owner.

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:17 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:13 AM