none
How to create a team in Project 2007? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2007 and Project 2007. I need to create a team consisiting of three resources that can self-assign tasks. I will need to create other teams to self assign tasks, but this is the first team.

I have followed Microsoft Project Help instructions ("Assign work to a team", Applies to: Microsoft Office Project 2007, Project Server 2007) , and in the instructions

I created a custom field -- Team Name, and a lookup table -- Desktop Team 1.

I come to the following step that has made me pause.

Step two: Create a custom field that contains team names

Once you have created the list of teams, you must associate the names with the Team Name custom field.

Warning   Once a lookup table has been linked with the Team Name custom field, it cannot be be unlinked.

To my understanding, this means that "Team Name" will be permanetly linked to the lookup table "Desktop Team 1".

I want to create other teams (lookup tables like Desktop Team 2, or Network Admin 1) and link them to Team Name so I can use them for self assigning tasks.

How do I create multiple teams? Do I need multiple Enterprise Custom Fields?

Thanks,

rob

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:06 PM

Answers

All replies