Windows 7 Fullscreen and Edge Snap locations incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I had another thread on here, but I apparently waited to long to respond and the thread was closed, even after I responded I got no reply.

On my dual monitor Windows 7 setup, for whatever reason when I try to set a window to full screen it will only fill in 3/4 of the width of the screen.  If I drag a window past that boundary, the window will 'snap' into the incorrect spot.

I recorded a small video showing the behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqiRd6zrOOY

The only fix is to reboot, which I'm sick of doing every day.

I had stated in a reply in the previous thread that maybe Remote Desktop had something to do with it, but I haven't used it in months and I still have the problem.

It's always the same 266 pixel width gap on the left edge of the screen, and changing resolutions doesn't fix it.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not able to simulate your problem on my computer (with dual monitor). Anyway, have you tried some suggestions from the Internet?

Suggestion 1:

• Press <Windows key> + <Left> arrow key to snap active window to left side of screen.
    • Press <Windows key> + <Right> arrow key to snap active window to right side of screen.

Suggestion 2:

• Go to Control Panel and click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Click on Make it easier to focus on tasks.
    • Toggle between the options Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Perhaps you can provide more information that may (or may not) be helpful.

• Similar screenshot like the 2nd picture that you posted earlier, but showing the Display and Resolution for each display.
    • Monitor Model (or size), wide-screen type?
    • It was not mentioned, but we assume your main display is affect. Is this correct?

Have you tried moving the taskbar to the bottom of the screen to see if it helps?

Cheers,

Tas Chew

Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

The problem only affects my second monitor.

My Primary monitor, the one with no issues is an Acer S211HL listed as "Acer S211HL (Analog)" in display properties.  It runs at resolution "1920x1080 (recommended)"

The secondary monitor, which has the problem, is a Dell 1704FPT which is listed as "DELL 1704FTP" in display properties. It runs at a resolution of 1280x1024

I've tried moving the taskbar to all different sides of the screen, as well as to the other monitor.  It has no affect.

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am not able to simulate your problem on my computer (with dual monitor). Anyway, have you tried some suggestions from the Internet?

Suggestion 1:

• Press <Windows key> + <Left> arrow key to snap active window to left side of screen.
    • Press <Windows key> + <Right> arrow key to snap active window to right side of screen.

Suggestion 2:

• Go to Control Panel and click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Click on Make it easier to focus on tasks.
    • Toggle between the options Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:44 AM