none
Project download from Microsoft Technet needs product key to work, I forgot to write it down RRS feed

• Question

• I initially had Microsoft 365 from my university. I then went to Microsoft site and downloaded Project 2016.  When I did this, I received a message that it was upgrading all of the items in my Office 365 suite.  When I looked for my 365 office suite, it had disappeared, and in its place were some applications I don't even know about.  When I try to access Project 2013, it tells me that I need to activate it in order to use all of the functions.  What do I do?  The TechNet site does not have a support site for me to ask any questions.  It has left me feeling very insecure, because if nothing else I need my Office 365 tools.  I need help!
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

It sounds like you have mixed the Offline and click-to-run office products on your computer.  To go back to the click-to-run version of the Microsoft Office software follow these steps:

1. Uninstall all Microsoft Office products from your computer.
    2. Log into your University O365 account and navigate to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx 
    3. Re-install your Microsoft software including Project.

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD

• Proposed as answer by Erik van Hurck Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:45 AM