Hiding Disclaimer in Preview RRS feed

• Question

• We want to add a disclaimer to incoming emails that warns the reader upon opening to be wary of attachments and links. We would like this disclaimer to appear at the top of the email. The downside of this placement is that it completely blocks preview text for the message. 

Is there a clever way to use HTML to solve this? For instance, can we put the original email body in a table, and then put the disclaimer as that table's header, while defining it lower in the HTML body? 

Based on my understanding, Outlook will ignore HTML formatting in the message preview, but obey it in the email display. Something like this is what I'm hoping to accomplish: 

https://jsfiddle.net/t6j9uy52/

<table><tfoot><tr><td>
        This is the main email body
        </td></tr></tfoot><thead><tr style="background-color:yellow"><td><b><i>Caution: This email was sent by an external party. Please be cautious when opening links or documents from external senders</i></b></td></tr></thead></table>

Is this possible? Can we inject HTML code around the original body of the email as a header and footer to achieve the desired effect? 

Thanks for your time. 

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for conatcing our forum.

Per my experience, we cannot achieve this, we can add disclaimer for outbound messages easily. It's recommended to add a tips in the mailbox settings and it'll shown in the top of the message.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, February 2, 2018 1:57 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently standing by for further update from you and would like to know how things are going. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. And if the replies has helped you, please help to mark as answer and it could be helpful for others.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:17 AM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:21 AM
  • I want this option as well.  Seems like Preview is simply showing the first line of text in the email body.  If that is the case, seems like you could provide an option for us to ignore certain text and skip over to the next line.  A configuration setting that says "if text = "ABC" then skip and show next line of text".   Any idea if this is possible?  If not, who would we ask for inclusion in a future release?
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:13 PM
  • I want this option as well.  Seems like Preview is simply showing the first line of text in the email body.  If that is the case, seems like you could provide an option for us to ignore certain text and skip over to the next line.  A configuration setting that says "if text = "ABC" then skip and show next line of text".   Any idea if this is possible?  If not, who would we ask for inclusion in a future release?

You arent going to see anything like that for on-prem unless it was done first in Exchange Online and even then....

You'd have to ask your TAM for this or go to uservoice.com and enter a suggestion.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:25 PM
  • Instead of disclaimer you can use a third-party tool that adds a category to the message but doesn't change its body or subject line.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:43 PM