none
Mouse pointer changing to a small black square with yellow vertical lines in it or as a thin vertical comb

Question

• This problem has just occurred for me. I am only on a single screen 27" Mac, running Windows 10 on Bootcamp. I have had this computer form about 3 years. The problem does not exist on the Mac side of my computer - as always everything on the Mac side runs spot on, its only over here on the Microsoft Windows side that I end up with issues. The only reason I use Microsoft Windows is to run Autodesk Inventor Professional for design and drawing. Inventor hasn't been written in Apple language as yet but I'd wish they'd get their finger out and get it done. I dislike having to partition my drive and lose space because of a business biase. I also use the browser Edge to run tutorials on drawings. The cursor change only seems to occur after a period of non use - initially I though it was after a timeout but I notice that the screen doesn't have to go to screen saver or blank-out for the change to occur, only a certain period of non-use maybe 5-10 minutes. It would be nice to see so attention paid to this issue after sooo mannnnny years of existence. I see this forum issue goes back to 2009. I have contacted Microsoft recently once so far without charge and was told to delete the mouse driver and allow the automatic reinstall to occur. This still hasn't resolved the problem. I see your above work around of enabling a mouse trail as one of my alternatives otherwise it's a restart to rectify. I will log another call to Microsoft help in an endeavour to apply more weight to the issue. I hope everyone is logging the issue with them.
    Sunday, March 11, 2018 3:24 AM

All replies

• You seem to be grossly disoriented!

Apple has sole responsibility for support of its products including Bootcamp!

This is neither an Apple Bootcamp forum, nor a Windows 10 forum!!

Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:39 PM
  • Hi,

It is suggested that you can boot into Safe Mode and leave your machine non-use for a pried of time, seeing if you can reproduce the issue. If the mouse doesn't change, it is suggested that you can perform a clean boot to disable the third-party software conflict.

In addition , you can update your system with latest updates installed. Go to Event Viewer>system & Application, seeing if any errors related exist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 7:36 AM
  • The 3rd party software is the Apple Bootcamp which allows an Apple computer to have Windows installed on an Apple hard drive.

So, if the OP disabled Bootcamp the system would not be able to boot-up the Windows OS.

Monday, March 12, 2018 10:23 AM
  • If you have any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:52 AM