RDS - the connection has been terminated because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

since a few months I sometimes receive the following error when I try to connect to one of my Session Hosts:

"The connection has been terminated because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator.

This error appears approximately on every ~5 connection to the Session Host and I only see it on Windows 10 machines (it seems our Windows 7 machine won't trigger this).

A bit more info: We use a Remote Desktop Collection with User Profile Disks (Remote Desktop - not Remote App).

After this error appears I receive the following Events in EventViewer:

20499 - Remote Desktop Services has taken too long to load the user configuration from server \\xxxx.mydomainController.com for user xxx

1511 - Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Btw. I created this topic in the Windows 10 forum because of this thread: https:// social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/SECURITY/en-US/dd5ba826-d131-43d9-8d1a-d8324dd5d5a1/rds-the-connection-has-been-terminated-because-an-unexpected-server-authentication-certificate?forum=winserverTS

Thanks for the help!

Monday, May 22, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies