Publish OWA with ISA 2006 using RSA and without RSA on same ISA server RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using ISA 2006 to publish OWA 2007.  I want to add an additional listener so some of our users can authenicate with RSA.  I created a new listener for RSA authentication but when I create the firewall policy rule using this listener I get an error that says "A Web listener specifying the same port and similar IP addresses is already used by rule "Exch07 OWA".  The port and IP addresses specified in a Web listener cannot overlap with the IP addresses and ports specified in another Web listener already used in a different rule.".  Is it possible to publish OWA with and without RSA on the same ISA 2006 server?  If so, how would I do this?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:11 PM

Answers

• On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:11:06 +0000, DennisW wrote:

>
    >
    >I am currently using ISA 2006 to publish OWA 2007. I want to add an additional listener so some of our users can authenicate with RSA. I created a new listener for RSA authentication but when I create the firewall policy rule using this listener I get an error that says "A Web listener specifying the same port and similar IP addresses is already used by rule "Exch07 OWA". The port and IP addresses specified in a Web listener cannot overlap with the IP addresses and ports specified in another Web listener already used in a different rule.". Is it possible to publish OWA with and without RSA on the same ISA 2006 server? If so, how would I do this?

Use another IP address, but that leads to problems with autodiscover
    unless you also use a second namespace.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:18 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:13 AM

All replies

• Add another IP address or port number.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:09 AM
  • On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:11:06 +0000, DennisW wrote:

>
    >
    >I am currently using ISA 2006 to publish OWA 2007. I want to add an additional listener so some of our users can authenicate with RSA. I created a new listener for RSA authentication but when I create the firewall policy rule using this listener I get an error that says "A Web listener specifying the same port and similar IP addresses is already used by rule "Exch07 OWA". The port and IP addresses specified in a Web listener cannot overlap with the IP addresses and ports specified in another Web listener already used in a different rule.". Is it possible to publish OWA with and without RSA on the same ISA 2006 server? If so, how would I do this?

Use another IP address, but that leads to problems with autodiscover
    unless you also use a second namespace.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:18 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:13 AM