none
Publishing the Dashboard to sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

while configuring the monitoring central we usually provide the sharepoint site url where we want to deploy our dashboard's and other stuff...

what should i do if i want to publish it to some other sharepoint site other than the one that i have mentioned during configuration...

Best Regards,

Azhar

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I would also read this PerformancePoint blog post. It talks about how to get PerformancePoint working with another SharePoint web application on the same server.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by azharullah m Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:26 PM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:46 PM
  • And since Jon mentioned it, there is a shortcut to do the same as above, posted here on my blog

but be sure to let us know if this is even the issue..Thanks!

BI and SQL Blog

Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:59 PM

All replies

• During deployment in Dashboard Designer, you can pick where the dashboard gets deployed to on your SharePoint site.  That setting just sets a default site location.  The only requirement to publish is that the Sharepoint site has the PPS web content parts deployed.

For a refresher on the exact steps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/performancepoint/HA102418591033.aspx

BI and SQL Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Hello,

I would also read this PerformancePoint blog post. It talks about how to get PerformancePoint working with another SharePoint web application on the same server.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:46 PM
  • And since Jon mentioned it, there is a shortcut to do the same as above, posted here on my blog

but be sure to let us know if this is even the issue..Thanks!

BI and SQL Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:59 PM
  • hi..

thanks guys, i was able to achive this..

It would have been really good if these webparts during configuration were deployed at the top level i mean at central admin level (or) something similar... so that the PPS Dashboards can be published on any site created under sharepoint central admin... hope it makes sense.. other wise the user have to do a whole lot of things if he wants to publish his dashboard to a different sharepoint site...

Best Regards,
    Azhar.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:00 AM