Share PPT File not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am facing strange issue from yesterday. When I conduct dial-in conference, during the meeting, I am unable to see option for sharing PPT files. Also Q&A, Poll and Whiteboard option not coming.

The day before yesterday, I moved my current fileshare from SAN to local storage. This activity completed successfully and after this, everything was working fine. But after 6 7 hours, this issue has started to come. All the users are affected. 

Appreciate if anyone can help me with this issue. This is in production, so I need to sort out this issue ASAP.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Neel,

According to your screenshot, it is seems you did not publish your topology after you changed the share folder,

when you published the topology , in the advanced security setting view ,you will see the RTC group permission like this

• C:\LyncShare\1-WebServices-1\ABFiles
    Principal Access Applies To
    NETWORK SERVICE Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTCHSUniversalServices Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTCComponentUniversalServices Read & Execute This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTC Server Local Group Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTC Component Local Group Read & Execute This folder, subfolders, and files

you can refer to the following link about the default folder structure and permissions created on the File Share when deploying a Lync 2013 Server Front End server or pool. 

http://blog.schertz.name/2013/03/breaking-down-lync-file-share/

when you changed the share folder,please follow this article 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195742(v=ocs.14).aspx

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:08 PM

All replies

• So this is an on-premises server, and the option to share PPT, Q\A and whiteboards disappeared?  I'd first double check the conferencing policies to ensure nobody was playing in there, but secondly, make sure that permissions are properly set on the new file share and re-publish the topology to set them again.

What steps did you use to move the fileshare?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:22 PM
  • Thanx Anthony for your reply.

I rechecked on conferencing policy and there is no issue in that. All conferencing policies are OK.

I followed the below mentioned steps:

SIDCS4BSHARE01 - OLD SHARE

SIDCS4BSHARE02 - NEW SHARE

1. Create fileshare folder on server SIDCS4BSHARE02(D:\ SKYPESHARE01) and give required permission to share folder.
    2. Take Backup of existing file share SKYPESHARE01 to other drive. 
    3. Stop all services of Pool (Front Ends, Monitoring & archiving servers)
    4. Log on to the Front end server where Topology Builder is installed. When Topology Builder prompts you to select the source of the Skype Server 2015 topology documents, select Download Topology from existing deployment, and then click OK.
    5. In Save Topology As, type a name for the topology document in File name, and then click Save.
    6. In Topology Builder, expand Pool06.in.ril.com, Right-click the server, and then click Edit Properties.
    7. In Edit properties, under Associations, in File share, click New, define the new File Server FQDN, define the new File Share, and then click OK.
    8. Publish the topology, check replication status.
    9. Run Enable-computer on all FE’s (Pool06) and monitor/archiving servers.
    10. Start a command prompt: Click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.exe.’

Robocopy \\<OldFileServer>\<OldShare> \\<NewFileServer>\<NewShare> /S /R:10 /W:10 /XF Meeting.Active /MT /LOG:<directory path\logname> 

Then I followed below steps:

1. Check the log file to ensure success of the command.
    2. When the data copy is complete, in the Skype  Control Panel, click Topology, and then click Status.
    3. Start all the stop services.
    4. Test all Skype service functionality.
    5. Check the status of event viewer of any error or warning.

Yesterday, I observed that there was only administrative rights. So I gave below mentioned rights:

• RTCCHSUniversalServices
    • RTCComponentUniversalServices
    • RTCUniversalServerAdmins
    • RTCUniversalConfigReplicator

So I gave permissions to shared folder. But I have not published the topology. 

So after publishing the topology, the permissions will become effective?

In event viewer, I am getting an alert like "Fileshare path access is denied".

Please help.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:08 AM
  • Hi Neel_Darji,

1.You should publish the topology, check replication status, and then run the Lync Server Deployment Wizard.

2.Repeat the Lync Server Deployment Wizard Step 2: Setup or Remove SFB Server Components on each server affected by the change of file store location.

3.Start all services in SFB Server Control Panel

According to moving SFB File Store Data to New File Store, the following link is for your reference.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:30 AM
  • I did this. But its not working.

In event viewer, I am getting below mentioned error:

Unexpected exception.

Message=Error: Path \\SIDCS4BSHARE02.in.ril.com\SKYPESHARE01\1-WebServices-67\StorageService failed to be read for flushed data. Error details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\SIDCS4BSHARE02.in.ril.com\SKYPESHARE01\1-WebServices-67\StorageService' is denied.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Storage.Sql.LyssDal.CheckFilePathForFlushedFiles(StoreContext ctx, String parentFilePath, Boolean checkArchived, Boolean& errorOccurred, Int32& numDataFilesToReport)

Exception: Access to the path '\\SIDCS4BSHARE02.in.ril.com\SKYPESHARE01\1-WebServices-67\StorageService' is denied.
    Stack Trace:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Storage.Sql.LyssDal.CheckFilePathForFlushedFiles(StoreContext ctx, String parentFilePath, Boolean checkArchived, Boolean& errorOccurred, Int32& numDataFilesToReport)
    Cause: Unexpected exception.
    Resolution:
    If problem persists, notify your organization's support team with the event detail.

Any Help I appreciate.

Friday, September 8, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Hi Neel,

Based on my research, according to your error, your front end server can’t access to the share folder, please check the share folder’s access permission and check the \\SIDCS4BSHARE02.in.ril.com\SKYPESHARE01\1-WebServices-67' this folder have the permission like the following picture.

The following link is for your reference about the permission of File Share.

http://terenceluk.blogspot.sg/2011/01/microsoft-lync-server-2010-enterprise.html

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Dear Leon,

I checked the permission which is as mentioned below:

I know I am making some mistaked in giving permissions.

Also check this. This is root level access for SKYPESHARE01. I am confused between sharing and Permissions. In Permissions, will have I to add all RTC accounts?

Appreciate help

Friday, September 8, 2017 9:59 AM
  • Hi Neel,

According to your screenshot, it is seems you did not publish your topology after you changed the share folder,

when you published the topology , in the advanced security setting view ,you will see the RTC group permission like this

• C:\LyncShare\1-WebServices-1\ABFiles
    Principal Access Applies To
    NETWORK SERVICE Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTCHSUniversalServices Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTCComponentUniversalServices Read & Execute This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTC Server Local Group Modify This folder, subfolders, and files
    RTC Component Local Group Read & Execute This folder, subfolders, and files

you can refer to the following link about the default folder structure and permissions created on the File Share when deploying a Lync 2013 Server Front End server or pool. 

http://blog.schertz.name/2013/03/breaking-down-lync-file-share/

when you changed the share folder,please follow this article 

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Sunday, September 10, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Dear All,

Issue has been resolved. Issue was with the permission. Permission were applied at root level, but child objects were not successfully inherit the permissions. 

Having applied permissions to subfolders and files, issue was resolved successfully.

Thank you so much all for your kind help.

Monday, September 11, 2017 9:23 AM
  • Hi Neel_Darji,

If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Monday, September 11, 2017 9:26 AM