Exchange 2007 Address List RecipientFilter issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to setup an Exchange 2007 address list based on the following conditions:

Recipient type = UserMailbox or MailContact or MailUser and

Company = Company or Company = Contractor and

Office = XXXX and City = XXXX

My filter looks like this:

((((((((Company -eq 'Company') -and (Office -eq 'XXXX'))) -and (City -eq 'XXXX'))) -or (((((Company -eq 'Contractor') -and (Office -eq 'XXXX'))) -and (City -eq 'XXXX'))))) -and (((((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailContact'))) -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailUser'))))

When I preview the list, I am seeing users with other Office and City information. I'm not certain where my filter is wrong.

Any ideas?

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• I got it working using -like for the office and the city properties within the shell.

There was also a matter of getting my paranthesis in order too.

I used the ldaprecipientfilter information to create a customized query in AD Users and Computers to verify the address list membership and export the list.

• Marked as answer by Evan Liu Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:33 AM

All replies

• Hey, I've got no access to an exchange box at the moment, but I would suggest trying this:

((((Company -eq 'Company') -and (Office -eq 'XXXX') -and (City -eq 'XXXX')) -or ((Company -eq 'Contractor') -and (Office -eq 'XXXX') -and (City -eq 'XXXX'))) -and ((RecipientType -eq 'UserMailbox') -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailContact') -or (RecipientType -eq 'MailUser')))

Are you doing this as an LDAP filter, or exchange address list btw ?

Monday, December 12, 2011 10:34 PM
  • I got it working using -like for the office and the city properties within the shell.

There was also a matter of getting my paranthesis in order too.

I used the ldaprecipientfilter information to create a customized query in AD Users and Computers to verify the address list membership and export the list.

• Marked as answer by Evan Liu Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:33 AM