none
Windows updates - How to prevent it from CHANGING to Automatically download and install RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop that decides that it wants to CHANGE from Download BUT let me CHOOSE whether to install them TO AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL UPDATES (Recommended).  I'd like to STOP this f*****N thing from happening!

This is seriously getting on my nerves!  I don't want to disable updates completely I just want it to STOP changing it which seems to be every time there is an "update", it changes this setting.  I'm getting quite p***ed with it, as I have tried to also place some form of "measure" in place to prevent it.

I have three computers with 7 installed (Home premium (as noted), Pro (desktop) and a 7 Ultimate (laptop)), I have noticed that there are 'options' to stop updates from doing stupid f****n things like this which, I have attempted to try and do, but to no avail, I am seriously considering disabling updates due to this "problem" it has of changing the users settings WITHOUT permission or otherwise.

I have shutdown guard on the home premium laptop, which seems to do s**t and quite frankly am annoyed to no end.  I don't have an extra $$$ laying around to "upgrade" my 'home' laptop, and prefer not to, as it is not required to be done whereas my ultimate laptop needed (upgraded from pro) it as I needed additional "support" for things I am doing.

I'd like a way to prevent Windows Updates from changing the users setting to this f******n auto update BS, I know 'most' users would prefer this to be auto, but I DON'T!!

Sorry for the rant BUT this has p****d me off something chronic.  If I could, I would switch to Ubuntu or something else but I can't as most of my software/work run on Windows :( and cannot move to Ubuntu for this reason.  BUT if I didn't need windows to run the programs/software I needed, I'd happily say GOODBYE to windows and this BS problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  Please remember I have Windows 7 Home Premium and need a solution for this particular version.

Thank you.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:20 AM