Sharepoint claims excel file has External references (links to other workbooks) but I can't find them RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using excel 2007 and sharepoint 2007 and I have the following problem.

I have excel file that has links within the file and I displayed ranges in excel services. It worked fine for a while in sharepoint. But all of a sudden when I reupload to sharepoint it give the following error:

The workbook that you selected cannot be loaded because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel Services:

External references (links to other workbooks)

Contact the workbook author.

I looked for external references. I could not find them. Then I created a new file, copied everything as text to the new file and redeployed to sharepoint. But it gives me the exact same error. I have not idea what is going on. Please help.

• Edited by AAB2 Friday, June 1, 2012 1:41 PM
    • Moved by star.warsModerator Monday, June 4, 2012 8:10 AM SP 2007 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Friday, June 1, 2012 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi AAB2,

Did you mean that when you re-upload the same Excel file (worked before) to SharePoint, this issue happened ?

Please recycle and restart the IIS, re-upload the Excel file (or a simple Excel file without unsupported features for testing) and re-configure the Excel trusted location from SSP Excel service settings, then check result. 

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 8, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Similar sort of thing is happening to me.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:49 AM