Sound bug when using multiple applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since using Windows 7 rc 64bit  I've noticed a weird glitch causing loss of sound and sometimes application crash.

When running 2 installs of Everquest in windows mode after anyhting from 5 mins to 20 mins the sound dissapears and will not return unless Everquest is shut down. Once sound has dissapeared I cannot log Everquest off  as freezes. If logging off when sound hasn't dissapeared then all fine.

If i try running 1 or 2 installs of EQ and open windows media player to play music I get application or system crash.

I was using windows vista Pro 64 bit and was able to do all of these and more.

Tried using Win 7 driver and the latest downlaodable driver for soundmax vista 64bit.

Any suggestions

Spec

asus striker ii formula mobo , soundmax onboard audio
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz (running at 3.6)
    8 gb 8500 Kingston Hypter X DDr2 ram
    Nvidia 280 oc2 BFG graphics
    Tagan 1100w power

Friday, September 25, 2009 11:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

May I know if the issue occurs in other situations?

Since the Everquest and Everquest II were released prior Windows 7, I suspect these games might not support Windows 7 well.

Alternatively, please try to run the application with Compatibility Mode and see how it works:

1.     Right click on the program's shortcut or executable file and select Properties.

2.     Switch to the Compatibility tab.

3.     Check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” box.

4.     Click on the drop down menu arrow and select which version of Windows the program was made for.

Considering the issue is related to the specific software, it is recommended to contact STATION.COM and see if there is a workaround for this.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, November 30, 2009 3:30 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2009 9:38 AM