none
Exchange 2010 BCC List

Question

• Hi,

My company's team manager want to monitor some colleagues incoming and outgoing emails, then I set the BCC List for this.
    The manager said it is not comfortable to receive too many emails. Any alternative solution for it?

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:23 AM

All replies

• Let me understand.  He has you BCC all mail to him but then he complains that he's getting too much mail, right?  I see two options.

1.  Order everyone to send less mail.

2.  Change your rule to filter what mail you BCC to him.

3.  Copy the mail to a different mailbox. 

Be aware that what you're doing will roughly double the amount of disk you consume since you'll have extra copies of everything in the database, unless someone deletes the mail on a regular basis.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, August 28, 2017 3:13 AM
  • Thanks Ed Crowley,

Can I grant the users' permission to the manager? Then the manager can browse the dedicated user to view his/her inbox / sent box's emails?

Monday, August 28, 2017 8:01 AM
  • You can certainly grant full mailbox access rights to the manager if your company's policies allow it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:19 AM
  • After it granted the right, how the manager to check the indicated users' incoming & outgoing emails?
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:35 AM
  • All the manager can do is open the mailbox just like the user would.  He can add it as an additional mailbox in his Outlook profile.

This manager must be a real control freak.  He missed his calling.  He should be a babysitter.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:41 AM
  • Hi,

Other way to monitor all inbound and outbound mail flow is message tracking log, it's more efficiently and enabled by default in Exchange server. Also, we can use custom filter to monitor mail flow, for example search some one user mailbox with some keywords yesterday.

More details, refer to:
    Message tracking
    Search message tracking logs

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:45 PM
  • Message tracking probably doesn't serve the kind of control freak that it appears that this manager is because it doesn't have the message content.  Someone who is monitoring messages will want to read the content, I would think.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:21 PM
  • Actually, the manager want to take the real time monitor on  some trading emails' conversation. Yes, the cc lists can do that and make the all incoming & outgoing to the managers' inboxes.
    Otherwise, we can set the filtering words on the forward rules to centralized mailbox.
    I am looking for the best methods for real time monitor emails' conversation.
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:57 AM