Question about internal and external "Internet-based management points" (Mac issue) RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to setup Mac support.  We have users with Windows laptops that connect both intranet and internet.  Right now, they have the DMZ MP's public DNS FQDN as their "Internet-based management point (FQDN)".  My fear is that if I set the "Internet-based management point (FQDN)" on a new MP to be its internal FQDN, clients will try to use that DNS name to try to connect to when they are on the internet.  

EX:

PC1 is connected to MP2 on the inside network, and gets MP2.contoso-internal.net as it the Internet-based MP.  PC1 then connects to the internet, and tries to connect to MP2.contoso-internal.net, instead of cmmp.contoso.com (which is the DMZ based MP).

Sorry if I've made this more confusing than it should be.  :-)

Friday, August 21, 2015 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Clients that are managed on the Internet communicate with site systems from their assigned site when these site systems are configured to use an Internet FQDN and the site system roles allow client connections from the Internet. Clients non-deterministically select one of the Internet-based site systems, regardless of bandwidth or physical location.

For more information:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712701.aspx#Support_Internet_Clients

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Monday, September 7, 2015 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:22 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 7:13 AM