Question regarding the 2216 update RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I have PAS version 6.3 update 2215 installed in a server physically separated from AS 2005.

As it seems one of the ways for PAS to work is to set "basic authentication" on the virtual directory at IIS. This does not work well since everytime a user enters a sharepoint page with a graphic he needs to re-enter his password.

Anyway, I want to know if the new update patch (2216) put an end to this problem and I can set "integrated security" at IIS ??

Thanks in advice,

Tyagi

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Tyagi,

The 2216 hotfix doesn't change the underlying authentication structure that PAS relies on to retrieve cube data.  It sounds like you have your PAS website set to basic authentication which is why you're seeing the prompt.  What you can do is configure Kerberos to 'delegate' your credentials from the PAS server to the SSAS cube.  That way you wouldn't have to type in your un/pw.

Sean

Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Tyagi,

The 2216 hotfix doesn't change the underlying authentication structure that PAS relies on to retrieve cube data.  It sounds like you have your PAS website set to basic authentication which is why you're seeing the prompt.  What you can do is configure Kerberos to 'delegate' your credentials from the PAS server to the SSAS cube.  That way you wouldn't have to type in your un/pw.

Sean

Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:48 PM
  • Yes thanks for the info. But we cannot implement Kerberos at our client, basic authentication was the only viable way
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:55 PM