Copying from Excel to Word table, and extra space in first column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to copy data from an excel sheet to a word document for a report. Since I have A LOT of data, I do not want to keep having to delete spaces every time I copy something over. I've attached two pictures. In one you can see the spaces that are getting carried over (I can't delete them because I need the info from columns B:I. In the second picture you can see that I have to delete the spaces in every one, manually, each time. There's about 6000 entries altogether that I'd have to delete. 

I can't attach pictures because my account isn't verified, but if you need any further description, let me know. Any help is appreciated, even the hard truth.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hey,

i think i can  help you out but i didn't find any picture attached for reference. reply with the screenshot please

Friday, May 4, 2018 12:54 AM
  • If "spaces" mean "space characters," you can delete them in Word by replacing a space character with nothing.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Friday, May 4, 2018 5:46 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information of Stefan Blom was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 7, 2018 9:11 AM