Disabling shared SIP address for SFB online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an hybrid on-prem lync 2010 environment and SFB online. My user accounts are online in the cloud for SFB and my lync dns point s to SFB online. I'm working to decommission the on-prem lync 2010 environment. I was told the next step is to disable the shared sip address online. I've search but haven't found anything related to it. Would anyone be able to point to what needs to be done?

thanks 

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:28 PM

Answers

• Hi rondefino,

Thanks for your response.

You don’t have to do preparation before you disable the shared SIP address. In SFB hybrid, for the shared SIP address, the same SIP domain address space is supported by both SFB online and Lync on premise, so when you disable the shared SIP address, the federation between SFB online and Lync on premise will be disabled, other settings can't be affected.

In your last reply, yes, you have the correct steps for disabling shared SIP address, moreover, if you have issues when you disabling it, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by rondefino Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hi rondefino,

In Skype for Business Online disable Shared SIP address space using the Lync Online PowerShell command
    Set-CsTenantFederationConfiguration –SharedSipAddressSpace $false

The following document is about “Decommissioning Skype for Business Hybrid and Going Cloud Only”, please refer to
    https://three65.blog/2015/08/17/decommissioning-skype-for-business-hybrid-and-going-cloud-only/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 7, 2017 9:16 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:11 AM
  • Hi rondefino,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

If the solution is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer because it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:27 AM
  • HI,

I have one other question. What preparation should I do before disabling the sip shared address? Is this just affecting the federated settings? 

thanks 

Monday, April 10, 2017 2:40 PM
  • Also, just so I have this correct. 

I need to run this from my SFB online powershell:

Set-CsTenantFederationConfiguration –SharedSipAddressSpace $false

then run this from my on-prem lync 2010 powershell:

Set-CsAccessEdgeConfiguration –AllowOutsideUsers $false –AllowFederatedUsers $false
    Remove-CsHostingProvider –Identity LyncOnline

Just want to make sure I have to all set. 

thanks 

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Hi rondefino,

Thanks for your response.

You don’t have to do preparation before you disable the shared SIP address. In SFB hybrid, for the shared SIP address, the same SIP domain address space is supported by both SFB online and Lync on premise, so when you disable the shared SIP address, the federation between SFB online and Lync on premise will be disabled, other settings can't be affected.

In your last reply, yes, you have the correct steps for disabling shared SIP address, moreover, if you have issues when you disabling it, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by rondefino Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:47 AM
  • 

Hi rondefino,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

If my reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer because it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi rondefino,

Do you have any confusing about this issue now?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:27 AM
  • I'm all set now. thank you for the help.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:49 AM
  • Hi rondefino,

I am glad to help you, if you have any other question, welcome to post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:55 AM