I need help.... RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to speed up my computer, so I thought I would reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows 7. How do I do that??
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 8:27 PM

Answers

• To prevent you accidentally ending up with two Windows installations, I suggest you format the partition that currently has Windows on it, viz:

Boot from the DVD, choose ‘Press any key to boot from CD/DVD’ and then files are loaded, you select the Language, Time/Currency, Keyboard. Click Install now, type the Product key but don't allow Activation, click to accept the License and click Custom for a clean install. As you want to format the old Windows partition, click 'Drive Options Advanced' at the bottom and select the drive and format it before the install proper.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:10 AM

All replies

• If you not having any known problems other than speed, I would back-up your hard drive, then put place he DVD in your drive reboot the computer, and then follow the prompts.

• Proposed as answer by Scott SC Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:48 AM
  • To prevent you accidentally ending up with two Windows installations, I suggest you format the partition that currently has Windows on it, viz:

Boot from the DVD, choose ‘Press any key to boot from CD/DVD’ and then files are loaded, you select the Language, Time/Currency, Keyboard. Click Install now, type the Product key but don't allow Activation, click to accept the License and click Custom for a clean install. As you want to format the old Windows partition, click 'Drive Options Advanced' at the bottom and select the drive and format it before the install proper.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:10 AM