Latest upload affecting printer operation RRS feed

• Question

• A recent Windows 10 update has affected my printer operation.  I have a Brother DCP-377CW ink jet printer.  It is quite old (approx. 10 years) but worked perfectly well until Microsoft update KB4560960 came along and stopped it working.  I have downloaded the latest drivers from Brother to no avail.  If I uninstall the update, my printer operates correctly again.  The trouble is Microsoft keep downloading the same update and I'm back where I started.  How can I stop this happening?  I would like to email Microsoft but can't find how to contact them easily.  Any ideas?
    Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:42 PM

All replies

• there are known printer problems with  KB4557957 for 2004,  KB4560960 for 1903,1909.

After installing this update, certain printers might fail to print. The print spooler might throw an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer.

You might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from. You might receive an error from the app or the app might close unexpectedly.

Note This issue might also affect software-based printers, for example printing to PDF.
    This issue is resolved in KB4567512.
    Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:16 PM
  • HI
    1.did Eckis's solution solve your issue ?
    we can install KB4560960 then install KB4567512 to check the result.

2.if the problem persist ,we can donwload and install
    wushowhide.diagcab to block KB4560960 temporarily.wushowhide.diagcab
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:58 AM
  • Answers

KB4560960 had downloaded again.  I downloaded KB4567512 and my printer is working again ok.  Will this solve it permanently?

Thanks very much for your help

Gordon

Thursday, June 18, 2020 11:30 AM
  • HI
    Thanks for your reply.You are welcome!
    Will this solve it permanently?
    I think the answer is yes. we can monitor the issue ,if the issue happen again , we can also post here so that we can tracking and feedback.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2020 1:26 AM