Deleting the "Music" library. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use the Library functionality in Windows 7 heavily, but one of the things I don't use it for is music. I have attempted to delete the Library both via the GUI and via removing the definition file directly, but the next time I boot the machine up, the library is back again. All the other out of the box libraries have deleted with no issues.

Any idea how I can delete it and keep it gone short of looking for it at start up and deleting the file from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries

Cheers.

Chris

Friday, September 9, 2011 11:46 PM

Answers

• I guess that the library is recreated because it is required by Windows Media Player or another installed service.

Maybe you might be happy with just hiding it from the left tree in the Windows Explorer. Right-click on the Music library, choose Properties, uncheck Show in navigation pane and click OK.

• Marked as answer by CPSChris Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:25 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:41 PM

All replies

• I guess that the library is recreated because it is required by Windows Media Player or another installed service.

Maybe you might be happy with just hiding it from the left tree in the Windows Explorer. Right-click on the Music library, choose Properties, uncheck Show in navigation pane and click OK.

• Marked as answer by CPSChris Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:25 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:41 PM
  • You know, I've been looking at this a fair bit, and not once did I notice that option. That answer's fine by me, thanks!

Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:26 AM