One to One call escalation to conference locks up when speaker is muted RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Skype for Businessd 2016 16.0.4390.1000 32 bit.

Steps to reproduce.

1. (UserA) Make a video call to another lync user (UserB).

2. Have UserB answer the call.

3. Once the call have been establish. Have UserA Mute it's own speaker. This is done by clicking the Phone icon with the gear. Then clicking the Speaker button.

4. Have UserA invite another lync user or Present a whiteboard to force an lync conference escalation.

5. After the escalation, UserA's Lync client's UI is locked up.

At this stage, UserA have no controls of the UI. The only thing left to do is either kill the client. Or have other lync user End Meeting on the conference. At which whatever was blocking UserA's UI thread goes through and comes back right again.

Please if someone can run through the steps to see if they're observing the same issue? I have tried this on difference machine and different users netting the same result.

• Edited by Jordan_Foo Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:18 AM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Jordon , 

I tried this in my Lab was able to get this working , What is  the Server version you have , can you make sure its updated , what about Voice oonference calls instead of video is that working fine 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 4:03 PM
  • Hi Akampa,

I have tried an audio only call which netted the same result. The Skype for Business Server 2015 6.0.9319 March Release. I will get our administrator to update to the June release and try and report back when we get around it.

As a side interest, I've also tested this on Lync Server 2013 5.0.8308.920. Different client - Skype for Business/Microsoft Lync 2013 15.0.4833.1000. Which also netted the same result. Through the hang client ended crashing after the other party ended the meeting and the hang client closed the conversation windows after the UI thread recovers.

Will update if anything new is found.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 11:43 PM