Mac Client: peer-to-peer KB4036625 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

we are using the latest Mac Client and the latest Skype for Business Server updates - including KB4036625 that should enable peer-to-peer sharing with Mac clients.

Nevertheless we cant share documents/pictures whatever in a normal chat still ...

Do I miss something - or has this to be enabled explictly somewhere?

Kind regards
    Martin

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To enable this feature, you should run the Set-CsPlatformServiceSettings cmdlet to set the EnableFileTransfer attribute to true.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

Would you give me more information about the “share documents/pictures whatever in a normal chat” ,when normal IM ,you want to transfer files ? or share program?

Could you execute transfer files on windows?

Could you get some error message when you transfer files?

Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

When you install the latest CU please follow the steps of Installation methods ,you could refer to the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3061064/updates-for-skype-for-business-server-2015

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Hi Leon,

thank you for the quick answer!

On a Skype4B Windows Client you can easily just paste a picture in the chat window or drag and drop a document into it - or at least use the paperclip button to add a document to the conversation.

That was not possible with a Mac client of Skype4B (and we miss that feature very much)

My interpretation of KB4036625 is that this should be enabled for the Skype4B Mac clients as well, but our tests proved otherwise.

Thats why i am asking if i missed something to configure ...

Kind regards

Martin

Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

To enable this feature, you should run the Set-CsPlatformServiceSettings cmdlet to set the EnableFileTransfer attribute to true.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Thank you sir, most helpful

(in the meantime there is a support article covering that as well)

Kind regards

Martin

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 10:58 AM
  • You are welcome,i am glad to hear that you solved the problem

Regards,

Leon Lu

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:19 PM