none
Using oDATA for BI in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi gang,

I am looking to create a BI report that I was able to do quite readily in previous versions of Project Server.  I'm trying to create a graph that simply plots resource capacity and work as measures over time, with the resource roles as a filter.  That is it, no more no less. Using Project Server 2013 ON-LINE.

I have successfully connected to the tables using the Data Connection Wizard in Excel to do this.  Seems that these are 3 tables I need to get to the data I need--Resource, ResourceTimephasedData, and ResourceTimephasedData.  

Fact of the matter is, timephased data tables are causing very very very long delays in populating the Pivot Report that I am looking for.  This a fairly new system with hardly any resource and project data in it yet.  This approach does not seem user friendly either.  I found it much easier in previous versions.  If I do recall, all my data is in one table before.

I am wondering if I am approaching this in the wrong way.  Is there another way I should be looking at to get to my data and ultimately my graph?

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Unfortunately not, OData if the way forward for reporting in Project Online. Is this still slow for you? When you do get more data in the system I would definitely recommend filtering this as much as possible at the source before Excel etc.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, November 2, 2014 5:43 PM