Active Window RRS feed

• Question

• just purchased a new M6700 with all the extras, after loading office 2010, Adobe standard, and my estimating software (the same software i had on my older laptop)  i am having issues with active windows opening behind inactive windows.  tried new user, checked registry settings, Dell put in new hard drive, and nothing is working.  any ideas?  this is a very big pain in the you know what.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi MBFIRE,

Please try the following methods to active Windows 7:

Method 1: Activate by using a direct connection

1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and click Properties, and then click Activate Windows now.‌
    2. Click Activate Windows online now if Windows detects an Internet connection.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Type your Windows 7 product key when prompted, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

Method 2: Activate by using a modem.

1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and click Properties, and then click Activate Windows now.‌
    2. Click Activate Windows online now, and then click Show me other ways to activate.
    3. Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.
    4. Click Use my modem to connect directly to the activation service.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    5. Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, click Next, and then follow the instructions.

Method 3: Activate using the telephone.

1. Click Start.
    2. type slui.exe in the Search box, and press the Enter.
    3. Select your Country from the list.
    4. Choose the Phone Activation option.
    5. Stay on the phone (do not respond to any of the automated prompts) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    6. Explain your issue clearly to the support person.

For your information, please review this article “Activate Windows 7 on this computer” to get more ways to Activate Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

What’s more, you can also connect http://support.dell.com/ to get more help from Dell.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:56 AM