Mobile devices receive "you can't sign in with this version of Skype for Business" RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to upgrade my both my frontend and edge server from 2012 R2 to 2016 (SfB 2015 onprem).  So saved off my topology, nuked both servers and rebuilt with Windows Server 2016.  I then proceeded to clear the AD attributes for SfB from my users (there are only 8 of us), and readded all my users.  Everything except my mobile devices are working.  When we launch the SfB client on mobile devices (i.e. my iPhone or iPad), we receive "You can't sign in with this version of Skype for Business.  Please install a newer version. If that doesn't work, please contact your support team."  The app version is 6.24.0.0030 running on iOS 12.2.  I don't seem to be able to determine why this is - it was all working previously with SfB 2015.  And I can't find any logs on either the frontend or edge server that is showing, only on the SfB logs from the iPhone show this.

<input xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/rtc/2012/03/ucwa">

<property name="clientNetworkType">Internal</property>
    <property name="culture">en-US</property>
    <property name="endpointId">Ucmp:D8992A92-0641-4E33-8C13-E4807DB765E9;IPhoneLync;344e2a9f-46bc-467b-941c-812cf929a675</property>
    <property name="subnetID">XXXXXXXXXX</property>
    <property name="type">Phone</property>
    <property name="userAgent">iPhoneLync/6.24.0.0030 (iPhone iOS 12.2)</property>
    </input>

2019-04-06 16:02:55.665 0000000104dfebc0 INFO UI SFBUIAlertMapper.mm:2003 Mapped error message is 'You can’t sign in with this version of Skype for Business. Please install a newer version. If that doesn’t work, contact your support team. 
    2019-04-06 16:02:55.665 0000000104dfebc0 INFO UI SFBTelemetryTracingProvider.mm:20 Telemetry Service Tier:IPATelemetryPrivacyTier2, event:AlertRaised, Attributes:{
        AlertType = SignInAlert;
        ErrorCode = "E_InvalidResponse (E2-3-11)";
        StringMapped = Yes;
        Suppressed = No;
    }

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

dcc

dcc

Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm wondering whether all users have log in issue in mobile phones?

If so, please make sure you have installed the latest CU on SFB server.

Then, please check if there is any event log reported in "Event viewer" of your reverse proxy? And make sure the certificate of reverse proxy is valid and not out of date.

If it not all users have this issue, please try to reinstall the latest SFB app on mobile to have a test.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 5:38 AM
  • All devices mobile devices (although Android has a different error message - just says it can't sign in).  CU is current.  Already removed the app and reinstalled a couple of times.  Certificate is correct - and the reverse proxy is a Citrix NetScaler VPX 1000.  I don't see anything in the logs.

dcc

Monday, April 8, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

Mobile devices not working in both internal and external network, right?

If so, I'd like to suggest you create a new account in your SFB server and test if it works on mobile phones just to eliminate whether the issue is caused by the user migration.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, April 15, 2019 10:34 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by dcolpitts Monday, April 15, 2019 10:51 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Considering every user is "new", and it's occurring for all users, both Andriod and iOS, internal and external, it's probably not a user account issue.

I'm hoping to get some additional time week to look at it again before I leave for two weeks vacay.

dcc

dcc

Monday, April 15, 2019 10:53 AM
  • Hi,

Please open "Event Viewer" in Reverse proxy to see if there is any event log error reported to further investigate the issue.

Besides, please check port configuration for Reverse Proxy.

Make sure you have set port redirect for port 443 to 4443, 80 to port 8080. (The front end listens on ports 4443 and 8080 not on 443 and 80.)

Just in the case, please check DNS records required for RP have been configured as below.

And as to the certificate requirement for RP, please make sure all the SANs are added properly.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 22, 2019 6:23 AM