Unable to install KB2416447 RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to apply KB2416447 via windows update it fails.

When trying to apply it manually it tries to search for a file called "TMPCE.TMP" and caanot find it.

I decided to uninstall Net Framework 1.1 via Add/Remove Programs but same error could not find "TMPCE.TMP". What to do now to resolve this issue?

Friday, November 5, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• i sugget you run an antispyware/walware detection software. Trojan remover is very good download it at www.simplysup.com
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Friday, November 5, 2010 8:13 PM
  • Why should i do that? Why do you think i have a trojan?

We have Forefront Client Security installed and that should help preventing trojans and stuff.

Sunday, November 7, 2010 1:08 PM
  • UTTO,

an antivirus only fully functions when you have all the updates on your system and still you are never 100% protected. Once you get infected sometimes the virus take control of your antivirus and the

AV will never find it as it will block your updates so that you remain vulnerable. Brief, Forefront + All updates(include flash player and adobe updates) makes you stronger

run tdsskiller from karspesky(it doesn't isntall on your system) and try malwarebytes, a full scan, in safe mode. try to install forefront and windows updates after that.

Good luck.

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:05 PM
  • i think you have trojan because, the search for TMPCE.TMP seems like just a reference to malicious code, it just acts like you NEED that file to continue,but its just like a diversion,thats why i think you have a trojan.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:07 AM