add office 365 business account to outlook RRS feed

• Question

• After adding my work account ( myName@myCompany.com) from the company that I work for to outlook2016 on my personal pc, outlook keeps prompting for the password. After entering the password a couple of times, I can work for a while and than te prompts show up again.

The first account is my personal MS outlook.com account that I also use to login to my pc. The second is an account from an other company that I work for (myName@myOtherCompany.com)

Outlook 2016 is part of my office 365 business subscription (myName@myPersonalCompany.onmicrosoft.com) from the company that I own, installed on my PC.

I removed this personal business account (myName@myPersonalCompany.onmicrosoft.com) from outlook, but that doesn't help.

When I add the 4 accounts to the Windows 10 mail app, there is no problem.

The webmail of all 4 accounts works fine.

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

>> After adding my work account ( myName@myCompany.com) from the company that I work for to outlook2016 on my personal pc, outlook keeps prompting for the password. 

If possible, could you please remove the privacy information like the email address and share a screenshot of the password prompt so that we can do further research on this?

Besides, considering that the issue occurs after adding your work account, to help narrow down the issue, it is suggested to create a new profile and add your work account (myName@myCompany.com) only to see if the issue persists. 

Any findings, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:55 AM
  • Hi Eric-Kell,

Any update on the issue? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 24, 2018 8:31 AM