E-mails sent by Mail Merge are rejected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I need help. I´m trying so sent an information for a data base in excel with 1170 contacts (e-mails). Done severals attents by always with problems.

1º attent: 

- Sent the mail merge for 1170 emails all at once. 

- Result: nothing happens, I think the emails weren´t sent.

2º attent: 

- split the excel file in sheet with 250 contacts each. 

- Result: 1º sheet: 220 emails sent with sucess , 30 emails rejected; 2º sheet: 250 emails rejected

After this, all the emails sent are rejected. Even if I only sent 20 emails. 

Info: using Ofice 365: word and Outlook, the email is from a company. 

What I'm doing wrong :(

Thanks, 

Estela

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:00 AM

All replies

• Office 365 may think that the account being used is sending outgoing spam and so may have restricted it from sending.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:27 AM
  • Hi Estela,

What's the type of your email account?

>>all the emails sent are rejected.

Are they stuck in the outbox? Or is there any detailed error message(reject) when the issue occurs?

According to my reseach, Office 365 limit the number of messages a user can send from their Exchange Online account within a specified time. This limit helps prevent over consumption of system resources by a single sender. If a user submits messages at a rate that exceeds the limit via SMTP client submission, the messages will be rejected and the client will need to retry. So can you send messages normally later or the next day?

There may be another possibility, Office 365 may think that you were sending spam if you send a lot of messages in a short time. 

So, it is not recommended to send too many messages at once, you can send them in batches.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

E-mails sent by Mail Merge are rejected

Solution Summary:

According to my reseach, Office 365 limit the number of messages a user can send from their Exchange Online account within a specified time. This limit helps prevent over consumption of system resources by a single sender. If a user submits messages at a rate that exceeds the limit via SMTP client submission, the messages will be rejected and the client will need to retry. So can you send messages normally later or the next day?

There may be another possibility, Office 365 may think that you were sending spam if you send a lot of messages in a short time. 

So, it is not recommended to send too many messages at once, you can send them in batches.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:26 AM