user unable to send email to some intenal users RRS feed

• Question

• We are running exchange 2003 enterprise on win 2003 server enterprise and using outlook 2003. The exchange server is configured to accept email for two domains. I have a user who is unable to send email to a few people in one of the domains. We all have and email address from domainA and a few for domainB. This user when sending from domainB to domainA is unable to send to a few users in domainA. When the user send email from domainA to domainA it works, and domainA to domainB it works for all email. So, the issue seems to be related to sending email to some users (they are all the same users).

I have verified there are no blocks on the server or outlook. The NDR that is kicked back is:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:            Tale of Two Houses

Sent:                 5/4/2008 4:29 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

user1@domainA on 5/4/2008 4:29 PM

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

user2@domainA on 5/4/2008 4:29 PM

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

When the user is part of a larger sending group, none of the recipients get the email sent to them. Once the offending user is removed the email goes out fine.

To summarize. The user can send to anyone in any domain except for a few users. When these users are recipients the email fails with an NDR. If other users are also recipients they do not receive the email either.

Your thoughts are appreciated

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 9:00 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Please firstly let me know whether I understand the issue correctly:

UserA (Send As UserA@domainB) failed to send mails to UserB (UserB@domainA)

UserA (Send As UserB@domainA) can send email to UserB (UserB@domainA) with no problem

If I am right, could you please let me know:

Whether other users such as UserC (send as UserC@domainB) can send email to UserB (UserB@domainA)

Whether the UserA (send as UserA@domainB) can send email to other users such as UserD (UserD@domainA)

In addition, please also send a test email from UserA (UserA@domain) to UserB (UserB@domainA) and help me gather the related message tracking log for further research.

Mike

v-mishen@microsoft.com

Friday, July 11, 2008 10:18 AM