Windows 7 Ultimate Cannot Upload Photos to ebay? RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot upload photos to ebay. I am attempting this in IE10, Chrome, and  Maxthon. I had Norton and removed it because others having this problem are getting answers on various forums about firewalls. Not the issue because I have turned off windows security and I have no firewall active. I have a brand new install of windows 7 ultimate. My old computer is right next to me and windows XP uploads just fine. I can download on windows 7, but when attempting to upload to ebay, for example, I get an error telling me the file is not a jpg. Well it is a jpg. Any theories?

Just tried to change my windows profile image. I received this error when attempting to upload jpg: Server Error in '/Fud' Application.

attempting to upload jpg to ebay ERROR:  

Unsupported file format (FF001)

bigstock-High-resolution-d-green-ovoid-19588301.jpg

The file is not supported by eBay. Please remove it and upload only JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF or BMP files.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have researched more online and noticed that  it’s common compatibility issue for eBay picture uploading. At this point, I suggest we downgrade IE 10 to IE 9 and check the issue again.

How to restore IE 10 in Windows 7 to IE 9

For the other issue about Windows profile image, have you tried my suggestions and gotten some results?

Hope this can be helpful, and keep post!

Best Regards, StarSprite

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that when you tried to upload the JPEG image to eBay on several different browsers, error message “Unsupported file format (FF001)” was received. In addition, error message “Server Error in '/Fud' Application” occurred when you tried to change Windows profile image. You have removed Norton and disabled Windows Firewall to check the issue, but didn’t work.

It seems you have two separate issues:

For the uploading image onto eBay issue, it can be caused by incompatibility between the latest version browsers and the eBay picture host. Please try following steps, meanwhile would you please let me know if only this image have such issue or all jpg images cannot upload onto eBay?

1.     Install the latest version of Flash add-on.
    2.     Enable scripting items on IE: go to Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab, Custom Level, and make sure all boxes are enabled under the "Scripting" item.
    3.     If above 2 methods don’t fix the issue, please try to use eBay picture host in IE 10 compatible view referring to this article.

For the second issue about changing Windows profile image, it can be caused by corrupted system components, please try System file checker (SFC) tool, and install important updates via Windows update to check the results.

Hope this can be helpful, and keep post.

Best Regards, StarSprite

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:20 AM
  • Hi StarSprite. I've done what you told me,
    1.    Install the latest version of Flash add-on.
    2.     Enable scripting items on IE: go to Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab, Custom Level, and make sure all boxes are enabled under the "Scripting" item.

If above 2 methods don’t fix the issue, please try to use eBay picture host in IE 10 compatible view referring to this article.

but still not working. I'm prepared to do a windows 7 reinstall if you think that might fix my issue. I absolutely HAVE to be able to upload to ebay.
    • Edited by gulfstream5 Friday, July 12, 2013 12:27 PM additional notes
    Friday, July 12, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

I have researched more online and noticed that  it’s common compatibility issue for eBay picture uploading. At this point, I suggest we downgrade IE 10 to IE 9 and check the issue again.

How to restore IE 10 in Windows 7 to IE 9

For the other issue about Windows profile image, have you tried my suggestions and gotten some results?

Hope this can be helpful, and keep post!

Best Regards, StarSprite

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:35 PM