DVD Drive problem in windows vista? RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have encountered a problem with my DVD-Drive. Sometimes ago I tried to play a DVD and it's not playing. The DVD player says that "Format Not Supported". But that DVD was normally playing in the other laptop(DELL). I, then make a mistake and unistall the Driver from Device Manager. After that my DVD-Drive starts creating problems.

In this time some of the DVDs are playing and some are not playing. I Don't understand what's the problem. There is not any problem with playing CDs. They are running normally. The problem is only with DVDs. I have also tried software DVDs, but the problem is same. Some are playing and some are not.

I have also tried the Idea of diskpart....(Seen on the Microsoft Website), but it doesn't work.

I have previously installed the NERO StartSmart Essentials v9 and iTunes, but after reading the topics on Microsoft, I uninstalled them from my computer.

My computer is fully updated and latest BIOS and Firmware installed.

My computer specs:

HP Pavilion Dv5 1221TX Entertainment Notebook PC
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.0 GHz
    Windows Vista 32 bit (6.0 Version with service pack 2)
    286 GB HDD(14 GB free of 286 GB Now), 4 GB RAM (HDD Model-Fujitsu MHZ2320BH G2
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    BD-ROM Drive(HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L) (I don't know about the manufacturer)
    System Board version-02.26
    BIOS version- F.21

Under System Information>Installed Drivers, shows "HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device" as my DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    But this is my Internet modem(Tata Indicom Photon+).

The motor spins and stops immediately. But some DVDs are normally playing. What should I do?

Please help me? I'm ready to give you additional information what you want to know.

Waiting for your valuable Answers!
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 9:57 AM