Screen is large coming out of sleep RRS feed

• Question

• When coming out of sleep mode screen is extra large  about 3 times the size it should be . I have install new video card amd radeon hd 6450 and up to date drivers have also reset screen resolution, but nothing seems to work, can any one help.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Charlo59,

Can you please provide more details like,

Your monitor make & Model & Graphics card Driver version installed. Whether it is x64 or 32 bit?

Do you use any other multi monitor utility to manage ?

Many times problems were resolved with drivers downloaded from Manufacturer site. Please give it a try again by uninstalling current drivers(if you see any version difference from website) and download the latest from http://www.amd.com

San

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:14 AM
  • San V

My computer is a all in one hp touchsmart 610 1150 with win 7 Pro, Grafics card is AMD Radeon HD 6450 I went to AMD website and choose to let AMD auto detect and donwloaded driver ver. 8.982.0.0 I have set resolution to the highest which is recomended.

When coming out of sleep mode it is at the lowest resolution and the button to change is grayed out , you then have to restart or on the set resoluton page click the detect button  then the  screen goes blank and for a second and comes back at the correct resolution 

AMD has the most current driver than HP
    • Edited by charlo59 Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:11 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:23 PM
  • Hi,

If the latest driver cannot help, I’m afraid the you may need to contact AMD support for help.

More information:

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:55 AM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 3:27 AM