none
Event 10010; Distributed DCOM on Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello;

Since a few weeks; I have the following error int the event viewer:

Event 10010; Distributed DCOM

Result: Server freezes and I can't logon locally and via RDP.

I searched the web and didn't find nothing conclusive to solve my issue.

Does anyone have a clue on how to solve that issue?

Thank you

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Sophie Ballesteros,

Sorry for my delay.

Before going further, would you please let me know whether there some changes had been done to the server before this Event logged? For an example, it had been restarted. If any detail, please feel free to let me know.

In addition, please searche the GUID {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} in the system registry. Then let me know what it is. Was it the Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Host? Please check if has problem with WMI on this server. Run WMI Diagnosis Utility and then check if can help you to fix this issue.

Meanwhile, please disable third-party applications and check if this issue was caused by them.

Regarding to Event ID 10010, please refer to the following article.

Event ID 10010 — COM General Functionality

There is a thread that provide some causes and resolutions for the Event ID 10010, please also refer to.

DistributedCOM Error ID 10010

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Sophie Ballesteros,

Sorry for my delay.

Before going further, would you please let me know whether there some changes had been done to the server before this Event logged? For an example, it had been restarted. If any detail, please feel free to let me know.

In addition, please searche the GUID {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} in the system registry. Then let me know what it is. Was it the Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Host? Please check if has problem with WMI on this server. Run WMI Diagnosis Utility and then check if can help you to fix this issue.

Meanwhile, please disable third-party applications and check if this issue was caused by them.

Regarding to Event ID 10010, please refer to the following article.

Event ID 10010 — COM General Functionality

There is a thread that provide some causes and resolutions for the Event ID 10010, please also refer to.

DistributedCOM Error ID 10010

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hello; Thank you for the reply; so kind from your part! No changes have been made to the server before this issue started.

I looked into the registry for the GUID {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} ; it's a  Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Host.

I also noted in the event viewer that GUID {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2} is also related to Event ID 10010. I looked in the registry and it's a Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Secured Host.

I ran the WMDiag Tool; found some errors, but I could not identify if they were related to my issue.

This is very tough issue to resolve; hope I gave you enough information.  

I tried to upload the WMIDiag Report; but the web interface won't let me.

Regards

Sophie Ballesteros

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hello , I have this same problem , you could solve?

Tks

Thales

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:17 AM