none
MAP 6.0 - Resolve Inventory Status message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently running MAP 6.0 targetting about 3000 workstations located at variuos diff locations. at completion of inventory so far reached 1100 machines successfully inventoried. Remaining it shows

Connection time out- 1000 m/c - Whereas i hav configured to run inventory only for 20 m/c at a time by customizing the Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.exe.config file (the inventory is taking a really long time though)

RPC server unavailable - 897 m/c - whereas my server has full access to all workstations

How do i resolve these errors to capture atleast abt 90% machines..?   

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:32 AM

All replies

• Also now MAP 6.0 is throwing an error for whatever inventory successfully scanned. "The MAPT summary doc could not be generated due to an error in the doc generation process". This never used to happen in MAP 5.0.

Please advice. is there a fix or do i need to reinstall MAP and link to the same database..?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:51 PM
  • This will most likely be fixed if you upgrade to MAP 7.0. MAP 6.0 is no longer a supported version.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Thanks Michael,

I did upgrade to MAP 7 n it worked.

But Im still stuck with about a 1500 m/c on connection time out status. what could be the possible troubleshooting for this..? my server has full access. there may be a lota old DNS entries but atleast 500 m/c more should be inventorying...

Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Try following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this TechNet Wiki article: MAP: Troubleshoot WMI Failures (en-US)

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:37 PM