Recipe for "Bloomberg Professional" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Has anybody a recipe for sequencing "Bloomberg Professional" for me?
    The VirtBoot.exe crashes during seqeuncing and the Seqeunecer stops responding and crashes.

Environment: App-V 4.6 SP1

Kind regards,

Michael

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:56 AM Please don't post questions in the Recipe forum (From:App-V Sequencing Recipe Forum)
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:20 AM

All replies

• Have you looked through these existing thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvgeneralsequencing/thread/234c8ad7-9c87-4ea1-8f15-e424e2ecce57

What troubleshooting have you done so far? e.g. what does the Sequencer log say, does it work installing outside of the Sequencer? have you tested on a clean vanilla install of Windows?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Before you sequence, try turning off any services that begin with "Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache xxxx".  I've seen these services crash various applications if they are enabled.  The apps I've had to do this on work fine after they've been sequenced, but the sequencer crashes 100% of the time if they are running during sequencing.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I know this question is a real old one, but I was wondering if you succeeded in virtualizing Bloomberg Professional with appv 4.6? And have you already tried APPV 5? 

If you succeeded, how did you manage to get the license and the updates working?

thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Jimmy

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:55 AM