Home Server false absent Antivirus warning RRS feed

• Question

• Is their an incompatibility between AVG 8.5 and Windows 7?  Although running current and up to date on my Windows 7 machine "MS Home Server" repeatedly (though not universally) reports a warning that the Network is at Risk because my Windows 7 machine either doesn't have AV software or it's out of date.  I don't get this issue with XP machines on the network if they are not 100% up to date (switching on the windows 7 machine, running an update and switching it off mostly, though not always kills the warning.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 5:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Peter,

It seems that AVG 8.5 is compatible with windows 7, as they claim at their website:-

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

So it is also reflected at Microsoft’s compatibility list for Vista at:-

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=AVG%20Anti-Virus&v=AVG&uid=8&pf=0&pi=0&s=AVG&os=32-bit

If you have any issue with the compatibility, you can contact AVG for further support.

I hope above information helps.

Thanks,
    Shruti

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, August 10, 2009 10:03 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Same scenario here except running mcafee enterprise 8.7i on win7 32bit  on all the machines win7 i have connected so far, is a warning storm goin on

Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Everything totally patched to the hilt as of today, and I mean everything.  Fresh installs of WHS and win 7.

Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:08 PM