Could not route to Gateway xxxxxx, the attempt failed with response code: 503 Service Unavailable ( RRS feed

• Question

• We have some events like:

Could not route to Gateway xxxxxxx the attempt failed with response code: 503 Service Unavailable (CallID: 17c4f181e131486c846fa23e1b1ea3e6...

Failure occurrences: 710, since 21/12/2016 7:40:38.

We don't have user incidents, but I'd like to find more information about this issue..is it posible find that CallID on SfB database ?'

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• my opinion is waste of time to get in to that components.

if you are good in sql script then you can play with script find the call ID from the Monitoring database itself but Microsoft does not support anything if it fails during customization.

rather, look into the error and involve the gateway team and reproduce the issue to fix it if there are any routing issues with Lync and gateway, if its gateway verify normalization rules and ruote for associated gateway and rules.

if you are sure everything good at Lync ask gateway guy to verify the dial peers - you can find depth info in wireshark captures.

hope this helps.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:22 PM
  • We have an alternative route, so there're not issues....Also, I can see there is outgoing calls to that GW

The issue is temporaly...i can't reproduce it....

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Hi River75,

Welcome to our forum.     

Did you mean this error don’t appear?

You could refer to the above suggestions to find CallID. To this issue, we suggest you monitor if this error occur again, and welcome to our forum to get help if it appears again. In addition, please update Skype for business 2015 server to the latest:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3061064

From this error, we know outgoing call may failover to the alternative route. I will share a thread which has similar issue with you:
    https://jaapwesselius.com/2014/03/24/a-call-to-a-pstn-number-failed-due-to-non-availability-of-gateways-in-lync-2013/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, December 23, 2016 2:47 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:44 AM
  • i do see many events like but no user impact these alerts registered in monitoring database when i try to deep dive i dont find much info, the only thing what we can do see monitor the database and see how frequest you are getting these alerts on particular gateway/trunk. if you see high count in 1 hour interval involve gateway/network team to pull logs at both side and scrutinize for root cause.

hope this helps.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:15 AM
  • This is your GW side error, what more info u r looking for in this? u wont able to find much on that on LYNC side.

GW is rejecting the call bcoz of number of reasons.

Regards

Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:29 AM