none
Status Manager -v- TaskStatusManagerUID RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning. 

I cannot find the data field named "Status Manager" in any table or view in the RDB, nor in the SDK.  However, I can add "Status Manager" to the project schedule from the "Insert Column" option in the client (Project Pro 2010).

And, I can find a data field named "TaskStatusManagerUID" in table dbo.MSP_EPMTask in the SDK.

We would like to pull the "Status Manager" field from the RDB into an edit report to clean up the data values in the field.  Why can I only find a UID field and not the "Status Manager" field itself that I can clearly see as a column in the client?

Help - I'm uncertain what I'm missing in understanding the data architecture.  Please advise-thanks!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:55 AM

Answers

• Actually, having the Status Manager UID and looking at the Resources View, i can retrieve the Status manager name and his related task on a query like this:

SELECT

T.TaskName

,R.ResourceName 'Status Manager'

FROM

MSP_EPMTask_UserView T JOIN MSP_EPMResource_UserView R

ON T.TaskStatusManagerUID=R.ResourceUID

If you need anything else, fell free to ask!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:05 PM

All replies

• Zenyatta, i think you should try something  like: 

MSP_EPMTask_Userview T JOIN MSP_EPMResources_Userview R

Let me know if it can pull the information you need.

Cheers

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:42 PM
  • Thanks, Maicco!  Are you saying that one of these two views contains the data field "Status Manager"?  On this point, I am just a bit unclear regarding your suggestion.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Actually, having the Status Manager UID and looking at the Resources View, i can retrieve the Status manager name and his related task on a query like this:

SELECT

T.TaskName

,R.ResourceName 'Status Manager'

FROM

MSP_EPMTask_UserView T JOIN MSP_EPMResource_UserView R

If you need anything else, fell free to ask!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Maicco, yes, your code worked great ... in that the names I see in the "Status Manager" column in the client (Project Pro 2010) do seem to exactly match up with the output from your code, for those I spot-checked!

Now, here is my new question, if I may:

Question 1:  I do not understand why your code works!  :)   Put a different way, I do not seem to understand the relationship between these variables:

• TaskStatusManagerUID
    • ResourceUID
    • ResourceName

Can you tell me how these are related?  Or, point me to a more detailed info source so I can read more about these relationships?

Question 2:  Is this code why I see the column header is "Status Manager" in the client?  Why is ResourceName called Status Manager?

Thanks so much.  You did save the day; and now we have this flurry of new questions.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:44 PM
  • Maicco,

I think I've basically figured out the answers to my follow-up questions above.  Project Server must grab the UID of whoever has the project checked out, or whoever publishes it, and puts that person's UID from a resource name table into the TaskStatusManagerUID field.

Again, thank you for your assistance yesterday.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:23 AM