none
Outlook Expnded Folders

Question

• Just installed Office 2016. Now I have a very annoying behaviour in Outlook: I have several Exchange accounts configured, I use all of them frequently and I prefer them to be fully expanded the folder pane. Outlook 2013 behaves as expected: it remembers open accounts/folders between sessions. But after restarting Outlook 2016, I have expanded folders in primary Exchange account only. All others are fully collapses.

Does anyone know the solution to the mentioned problem?

Friday, March 24, 2017 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephen,

Based on my research and test, Outlook remembers which folders were expanded or collapsed when we closed Outlook and remains with this folder status next time we start Outlook.

As far as I know, there is built-in option to make Outlook expand all folders at startup. To quickly expand all folders, you may refer to the article below and try the VBA macro solution:

http://vboffice.net/en/developers/expand-all-folders/?mnu=2&cmd=showitem

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 9:32 AM