Library Filter : Compare string column with [Me] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Library with an external field from a External Datasource which contains the value -> DOMAIN\username.
    Now I want to apply a filter on this Libary which only shows the records for myself.

SO I add a filter

Where

External_Username begins with [Me] .. but no records shown
    or

External_Username contains [Me] .. but again no records shown

What am I doing wrong?
    or how can i achieve my goal?

Thanks for reading,
    Andy

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that the [me] filter applies only to fields that type of people or group .
    It cannot be applied to other fields. For example, some fields for the filter are Create by,Modified by,Assigned to, Any custom field that type of people or group.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi Aussie,

The [Me] filter works for the field type as Person or Group, on user login the list will be filtered to show the items for the currently logged in person.

I have tried using [Me] filter with Created By and Assigned To fields and that works fine.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks, Suraj Bangera | http://linkd.in/xXf8nk

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Aussie,

Can you share the code block, that would help to understand the problem well.

Regards

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Hello,

There is no development for this Library filter. Maybe the title is confusing because i said "string".
    I have is a library with  external data  column called Customer, i've also marked a external data field which contains the username of the corresponding sales

so what I have in my Library is

1.   Customer 1   DOMAIN\sales1
    2.   Customer 2   DOMAIN\sales1
    3.   Customer 3   DOMAIN\sales2

Our sales persons only want to see their records so I added a filter to the view

"Where" username begins with [Me]  / username contains [Me]

but none of these work.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that the [me] filter applies only to fields that type of people or group .
    It cannot be applied to other fields. For example, some fields for the filter are Create by,Modified by,Assigned to, Any custom field that type of people or group.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi Aussie,

The [Me] filter works for the field type as Person or Group, on user login the list will be filtered to show the items for the currently logged in person.

I have tried using [Me] filter with Created By and Assigned To fields and that works fine.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks, Suraj Bangera | http://linkd.in/xXf8nk

Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:40 AM