none
cannot use test manifests against production servers RRS feed

• General discussion

• we are using RMS AD since we are running windows 2008 R2 , after that we migrated to windows 2012  more than one year back . since it was running fine but recently we are facing one issue related with excel document 2007 giving error "cannot use test manifest against production servers.

i really don't know what is causing this issue , what i need to do to rectify this problem.

thanks and regards

yashvardhan

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Kindly go through with below link, most probably you will get solution.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rmssupp/archive/2009/02/18/setting-up-microsoft-office-2007-in-a-pre-production-environment-by-carsten-kinder.aspx 

Regard,

Deepak Kotia

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:24 AM
  • You need update RMS client software to "WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB979099-Client-x86-ENU.exe". It'll help you resolve this problem.
    Monday, July 6, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Dear Yashvardhan,Even i am facing the same issue regrading the excel file.when i try to open a rms protected file in excel it gives a error "cannot use test manifest against production server".we are on the domain network.

But when i use a different laptop and login with the same user and password and try to open the file it works fine.

Seriously i dont know whats the issue,I have disable the firewall,Antivirus,Uninstalled reinstalled office 2007,2010 still no luck

Thursday, August 6, 2015 11:18 AM