Windows Search 4.0 - No Full Preview for Outlook 2010 messages RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010. Windows Search 4.0 can find my files and emails, however on the emails I receive a message: "Full preview of this item is not available unless Microsoft Outlook is running." (Outlook is running). I use Windows XP Prof 2002, Service Pack 3. Question: what do I have to do to see a full preview of the found emails?
    Monday, March 28, 2011 2:36 PM

Answers

• Windows Search does not support Outlook out of box. It has standard protocols so other programs like Outlook can expose data to Windows Search. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:21 AM
  • In Outlook 2010, navigate to File > Options > Add-Ins > Manage: COM Add-ins > Go.

In the resulting COM Add-Ins dialog box, verify that Windows Search Email Indexer is listed and checked.

If it is not listed, click Add and navigate to C:\Windows\system32\mssphtb.dll to add it.

Restart Outlook after adding/checking it.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:04 AM

All replies