none
Server Resource Quota... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I'm close to the 2,000 project site limit and about to change new projects so that their project sites are in a different pwa. However the system is slow.  Will performance be better if in the Sharepoint O365 Admin centre for the current pwa, I change the Server Resource Quota from the current 2,000 to say 3,000?

Many thanks 

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:55 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

The Resource Quota is used for snadbox solutions and can be used to limit the risk of dodgy code in sandbox solution causing issues etc. I dont think it will improve general SharePoint Online user performance. What is a slow? and how slow is slow?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

The Resource Quota is used for snadbox solutions and can be used to limit the risk of dodgy code in sandbox solution causing issues etc. I dont think it will improve general SharePoint Online user performance. What is a slow? and how slow is slow?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:56 PM
  • Hi Paul 

Thanks for that.  We've actually gone over by 2,500 project sites but we're about to delete around 500 projects and sites.  I appreciate that it's all relative but compared to other POLs the system runs very slow on occasion.  A good example is if you right mouse on Projects in Quick Launch and select Open in a new tab, the tab opens but the screen is blank and you have to refresh the page.  

Cheers

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:02 PM