Boot Mgr is corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• boot manager is coorupt and can not be repaired or rebuilt through windows command prompt, cannot notuse boot repair disk either, I have tried windows 7 fresh install, windows 7 repair boot disk, i have tried a linux boot repair disk, i have tried to use bootsect, bootrec, bootmbr, bootcfg, boot /fixmbr, bot /fixboot, scan0s,

rebuild, and nothing seems to repair the boot drive. all of this is because of a missing usb driver that windows tried to locate for my motorola hone, and it compressed the entire boot file and during a recovery of system it toally wiped the entire boot path from windows command . so i ask you what can i do at this point in time to recover the system, please help, as i am at my wits end and completely frustrated

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:41 AM Clarity
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 8:56 AM

Answers

• Have you tried using a different HDD? I would suspect a HDD with defective sectors that for some odd reason is allowing you to do a clean install.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:20 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, if you have use bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to repair and the problem persists. As Rick said, I suggest that we could check the HDD health.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:07 AM

All replies

• Have you tried using a different HDD? I would suspect a HDD with defective sectors that for some odd reason is allowing you to do a clean install.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:20 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, if you have use bootrec.exe in the Windows RE to repair and the problem persists. As Rick said, I suggest that we could check the HDD health.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:07 AM