Rooter restart causing network problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have restarted my UPC provided rooter to factory setting as we had some problems with the modem and now our network is not functioning. Our local network computers recognize the new rooter name but cant connect as the server setting does not permit them. I am sure there is an easy fix to that. Please help.

Thank you

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is focused on the issues of Windows. To resolve your problem as soon as possible, you may consult your router manufacturer about this issue.

Steven Lee

TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

Steven is 100% correct that this forum is not to help with these kinds of problems.

However, I will tell you that when you reset the router to factory default there will be a generic administrator password. Read your router documentation and it will tell you what this is. Use this information to log into your router. The password is usually very simple, and you should change it immediately. If you cannot find your documentation, perform an Internet search to find it or call the customer service line for your router manufacturer.

Thanks,

-Greg

Sunday, July 6, 2014 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is focused on the issues of Windows. To resolve your problem as soon as possible, you may consult your router manufacturer about this issue.

Steven Lee

TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

Steven is 100% correct that this forum is not to help with these kinds of problems.

However, I will tell you that when you reset the router to factory default there will be a generic administrator password. Read your router documentation and it will tell you what this is. Use this information to log into your router. The password is usually very simple, and you should change it immediately. If you cannot find your documentation, perform an Internet search to find it or call the customer service line for your router manufacturer.

Thanks,

-Greg

Sunday, July 6, 2014 5:44 PM