none
Adding pictures in Exchange 2007 GAL? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been asked to upload pictures of the staff into Outlook.  We are running Outlook 2010 but Exchange 2007 on a 2008 R2 domain.  I've been searching around and seem to only find one way to do this and that is by using the following Powershell command.

Import-RecipientDataProperty -Identity "mailbox" -Picture -FileData ([Byte[]]$(Get-Content -Path "Picture Path" -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0))

This is fine except when I run it I get an error stating, "The term 'Import-recipientdataproperty' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program."

I'm running Powershell version 4 I believe, shouldn't it be there?  Is it in some other module I need to import or something?

Thanks in advance,

Linn

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is your detailed exchange version?

In Exchange 2010, you use the Import-RecipientDataProperty cmdlet to import photos. This command isn’t provided in Exchange 2007.

You can follow this following document to setup the GAL photos in Exchange 2007:

Setup and use the GAL Photos feature using Exchange 2007

http://www.stevieg.org/2011/01/setup-gal-photos-feature-exchange-2007/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

David

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is your detailed exchange version?

In Exchange 2010, you use the Import-RecipientDataProperty cmdlet to import photos. This command isn’t provided in Exchange 2007.

You can follow this following document to setup the GAL photos in Exchange 2007:

Setup and use the GAL Photos feature using Exchange 2007

http://www.stevieg.org/2011/01/setup-gal-photos-feature-exchange-2007/

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

David

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue?

I am writing to check the status of the case.

Is the above response helpful to you?

Regards,

David

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi David,

Yes, that worked!  Sorry for the late response.  Now I'm just waiting for them to tell the staff and get me photos.  Will be interesting to see how this goes over, not everyone likes their picture taken and published.  lol

Thanks again,

Linn

Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:03 PM