Word and other programs brought miniscule font size by new pc. RRS feed

• Question

• I bought an ASUS N552V with very high-resolution 3840-2160 resolution.  I regret the purchase because some programs and websites are brought to a very small font.  I've done the font adjustment in settings to 350 (the max) still no solution.  I can still use Word 2010 but hitting some functions on the ribbon is like threading a needle.  The misspelling red squiggly line is so faint, it is easy to miss.  Hope someone can help me.
    • Edited by alexpinca Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if the display issue only happens to Word 2010.  How about other apps (non-Office applications and other Office apps) displaying in high-resolution Windows?

I suggest we can change the resolution on Windows to have a try:
    Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution

Please also try the suggestion in the following article to check if everything can be better:

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Where did you adjust the font, exactly?

You should look at the settings for resolution and scaling in Windows Settings (Windows 10) or Control Panel (older versions of Windows).

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Monday, May 28, 2018 5:19 AM