File/Folder Highlighting acting weird RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody.

I hope somebody here is able to answer my question. My problem is following: Whenever I click a folder or file inside Windows Explorer (basically anywhere excluding the Desktop) and they're highlighted, then click elsewhere on empty space, it's still surrounded by a blue box. I have made two screenshots to describe it:

Before: http://i52.tinypic.com/zyd11t.jpg

After: http://i52.tinypic.com/rc29w0.jpg

The surrounding blue box showed in the second screenshot also occurs whenever I open a folder (not clicking any file yet), minimize the window through the minimize button in the top right and maximize again. The first item in the folder would be surrounded by the box then.

Likewise, I'm experiencing a similar thing on the desktop. Whenever I open a file or folder and then click on empty space on the desktop, it normally would "un-highlight" the opened file instantly. In my case, it shows itself un-highlighted already whenever the folder or file is opened and then turns highlighted when I click on empty space on the desktop. Then I have to click again to completely un-highlight it.

I don't remember this ever happening so far and I can't really explain it. Am I just being dumb and have never noticed that before, or is something up with my system? I tried a system restore already but no luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my test, in the first scenario, it seems this is a normal phenomenon, you would not care about this.

In your second scenario, I suspect this is related to some profile settings, I suggest you try to test this issue in Safe Mode or try another user profile to check what the result is.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, May 27, 2011 8:56 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 10:05 AM